Thursday 27 December 2012

What a month!

So work has been challenging and decorating the house has been exhausting on top of making everyone's Christmas Smunkee orders - so all in all by the 12th December I was pretty knackered. Luckily I had booked the day off work so I could go to a Christmas Craft Fair with Kelly in Northallerton to sell SMUNKEES!

The day was a disaster :( I sold nothing! So we set off home around 3:45pm.

DISASTER!

Stumpy got a puncture about half way home. For most people this wouldn't be that much of a problem but for us, it was; Stumpy is a Smart car. He only has two seats and no room for a Spare tyre. So we got on the phone to the AA who dispatched a Patrol vehicle to take us to get a new tyre (luckily I had a credit card on me - as it was December and money was tight).

I put the Hazard Warning lights on (as we were on a single carriage way) and I managed to get a very reluctant Kelly to get out the car and stand on the grass verge in -degree weather. It was very cold. Many other drivers managed to see us and get round us just fine except for one...

At 4:35pm a car piled straight into the back of Stumpy pushing him onto the grass verge where we were stood. Luckily I stepped back out of the way but Kelly stepped sideways and was hit by my car :(

WHAT A DAY?!

Long story short - Stumpy was broken, Kelly has a fractured ankle, I had no car for a week (luckily the 3rd Party accepted liability and provided me a hire car). On the plus side: we are both alive. It could have gone very differently if we hadn't got out the car.


Moving on...

Christmas has been and gone for me with just two days off work :( the house is starting to get there slowly but still feels like we are living in a building site. We finally got the dining room plastered and have got the feature wallpaper up and started painting.

We need a set of ladders before we can do anything with the section of wall above the picture rail. We are both just too short lol! *Fingers crossed* we can borrow some from Ste's Mum soon.

We have decided to leave the Christmas tree up in the living room as we currently have no where to put it and it hasn't felt very Christmassy for me.

I just don't know where this month has gone! It is 27th December and I am at work :(

I need to find a dry cleaner to sort out Ste's Tweed Jacket which is covered in purple sick - god knows what he was drinking at his Christmas party!

The landlords are popping round this evening to take a look at the house. It is currently looking like a bomb has hit it so we shall see what they say!

I need to get some White Gloss paint for all the wood in the house as I managed to pick up a gloss that is exactly the same colour as the walls. Not a good a look.

*Fingers crossed* the start of 2013 will be a little less bumpy and we might get the house looking GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment