Wednesday 7 December 2011

I DID IT!

So I got to my audition last night nice and early - we watched a scene from a previous show DOS have done before - Beauty and the Beast!

We then did some movement with Jo the choreographer - it was simple, I was fine :) My knee even held out!

Then we had to pick a piece of paper to find out what order we were going to do our individual auditions in... I got number 6 out of 7!

Everyone who went before me were all nervous, but did great and sounded great! They were asked to sing a few notes from the piano aswell as their song.
Then it was my turn. I decided to do my dialogue first, which went ok. I wasn't too concerned about that. It was my song I was anxious about.

So I sang. I didn't need to restart. I finished.

They asked my age then said I could go. I didn't have to do any extra notes :/

At this point I was thinking, I either nailed it or they didn't want to hear anymore...

I went home - still feeling anxious! Made some tea, put my pyjamas on and then tempting fate; went onto the DOS website to look at Character Lists for Titanic.

At 9.43pm Julian rang me and asked if I was sat down? I said yes. He said "your in!"

WOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I was so chuffed!!!

So now I am adamant I will audition for a character in Titanic rather than just chorus! Why work SO hard to get into the society just to sing in chorus?! If I get a part that GREAT if not, chorus will be just as great for my first show in 7 years!

-------------------

Smunkee Biz - I have 9 orders to make in the next week! wohoooo!! It is starting to really take off! :D
--
www.smunkee.biz

No comments:

Post a Comment