Friday 23 March 2012

I am exhausted!

Tired is an understatement! I am officially exhausted! With a full time job plus part time Smunkee making and part time Operatics there just isn't enough hours in the day!

I started to get a sniffle on Sunday which I put down to the council cutting the grass which brought on my hayfever. However by Monday morning it was full on man flu! It just hit me from nowhere! I went through a box of tissues, a whole packet of flu tablets and by 2pm on Monday I just looked like shit. My boss sent me home. I went to bed for a couple of hours before rehearsals which were tiring then went straight to bed about 10pm.

I emerged from my pit just short of 2pm on Tuesday! I decided some anti-histamines were required so managed to drag myself to Boots. About an hour later I was starting to feel some improvement but the worst was still to come. By 7pm my voice was starting to give up on me and I could not sing a note :( I still went to rehearsals and did my best.

I went to work on Wednesday as my boss was off. I didn't feel particularly recovered but I managed until 4:15 when I was let off early. I dragged myself to rehearsals and couldn't wait to climb into bed that night.

I had a decent nights sleep on Wednesday and woke up feeling somewhat better about 10:20 this morning. I definitely had a productive day! I registered at a new doctors surgery, picked up some Smunkee.Biz stuff from town, then got the bus to my parents house to see if the dog was still alive (my parents are away on holiday and they entrusted my 17 year old brother to look after the house and dog).

The house was a sight! The dog was alive, just. I did some Smunkee.Bizzing before getting the bus home, putting my iPod on eBay then going to rehearsals. I am so glad we have all weekend off! We are handing out Titanic leaflets in town for an hour on Saturday but apart from that freedom all weekend! *Fingers Crossed* the weather stays lovely!

Just realised clocks go forward an hour on Saturday night :(

But for now...sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment